Monday, December 2, 2013

These Are the Days


Since my last post I’ve written about 4 blog entries- in my head.  After certain experiences I tend to reflect and think about our life as it is.  After losing Addison at the Baylor Homecoming parade I was thinking, “These are the days.”  These are the days of her running at every chance she gets. These are the days of having to leave events early because our kids are cold and falling apart.  These are the days of leaking diapers, hungry kids and naptimes.  These are the days of neverending laundry, nonstop errands, homework and some days, just trying to make it to bedtime.  (We found Addison, by the way, about 15 minutes later when some nice man carried her back down the street as we searched frantically.  She thought the parade looked like so much fun, she joined in.)  I was reminding myself that this is all temporary.  Then I realized, this is all temporary.  These are also the days of snuggly kiddos.  These are the days that my kisses make scraped knees better.  These are the days of mispronounced words that are oh so cute.  These are the days of kids insisting on going to the grocery store in capes and frog boots or tiaras and bracelets.  These are the days of a full dinner table, dance parties and kids screaming with delight as their Daddy chases them around the house.  Soon enough our house will be full of smelly, moody teenagers who think their parents are dorks, and eventually it will be utterly quiet and will stay beautifully picked-up after I clean.  So I will do my best to keep smiling through the diapers, laundry and meltdowns because I know that I am immensely blessed.










No comments:

Post a Comment