Sunday, September 15, 2013

First Day of School & Other Sundries [I'm a little late. What's new?]


Well, the kids have all started school & are settling in well.  Addison has a few weeks of kindergarten under her belt.  We’ve had a few little logistical kinks to work out in the beginning, but I think we’re pretty good now.  Her school has never had a student with Down Syndrome before, so this is a learning experience for all of us.  We’ve always known that school was going to be a lot of work for her and us, but the reality of that is starting to sink in.  It’s going to be a lot of work.  But I think she’s going to shock them at how much she can learn and do!

Austin & Kate are enjoying preschool.  Well, Austin is.  Kate is getting used to it.  She didn’t cry the first few days, but now she does.  I think it was all new and exciting in the beginning and now she’s thinking, “Whoa!  I know what’s about to happen now.” I think she has fun once she gets over the separation.  


The kids have been a lot of fun lately.  Kate is really starting to develop a cute little personality.  The other day she wanted me to help her put on this dress.  I turned around a few minutes later and saw this:


I started trying to get a picture, and all the kids wanted in on the action.  They were cracking me up posing and lining up all by their own doing.  I’d like to see this kind of participation at our next family photo shoot!  It has been really fun to watch them all play together and become better friends.



We've had a lot of fun around our house celebrating birthdays the last week or so.  My sweet mom threw a little party for me here in Allen, and Austin's celebrations are dragging out over about a week.  More on that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment