Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Crazy Kids

So, I guess I’ve got some catching up to do. The kids have been CRAZY lately! I’m realizing I’m going to have a double dose of the “terrible twos” at the same time. Just a few of the things the kids have been up to lately:

I let them play upstairs by themselves for a little while, thinking everything was childproofed. Didn’t realize they could get into the bathroom. They stuffed everything they could from the drawers and cabinets into the toilet. I can’t believe they didn’t flush it, but am oh so thankful they didn’t. We’ve already been down that road once & had to take the toilet off the floor to retrieve the ball Austin stuffed under the locked toilet seat.

They also found the permanent marker I use to mark their diapers. Once again, didn’t realize they could reach the drawer. They colored diapers, hands and a baby doll’s head- no clothes, no furniture, no carpet. I can’t believe I got so lucky!

We went to Waco last week & hung out with Grans while Wes went camping & fishing with my dad & brother. It was a crazy week. Being away from home is always hard with little ones, but I think the kids were actually a little over-stimulated by all the stuff we planned to do. We braved the heat and went to the zoo, a children’s museum...




painted outside...



rode a train...
& did lots of swimming.


And to top it all off, when we got home, Addison started sleeping in a big bed! She did great the last 2 nights, but chose to exercise her new freedom tonight. I felt like we were doing the newborn thing all over again. “Do we let her cry or do we go in and put her back in her bed?”


No comments:

Post a Comment