Sunday, December 6, 2009

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

We had a Christmas kind of weekend at our house. Saturday we went to get our tree. Last year we had this awesome guy who walked around with us, telling us about each type of tree, what might be better to have with kids, which ones don’t drop their needles, etc. This year, when we asked about the types of trees, the response we got was, “These look pretty good.” It was quite chilly, and Austin was crying (imagine that!), so we picked one of the first trees we found and the scrawny little high school kid dragged it to the car. Wes helped him get it on top of the car and as they began tying it down the kid says, “I never was good at tying knots. I tried it in Boy Scouts, and it never really worked out for me.” I think that’s when Wes let him know his services would no longer be needed.


Addison had fun playing with the lights, and then got to “help” me make cookies. I can’t wait until she’s old enough to really help and start traditions she’ll look forward to. Her role may not have been very functional this year, but she sure looked good doing it!


On the Austin front, he’s finally started sleeping 6-hour stretches at night. We’re hoping this is a trend that continues. He and Addison are already little buddies. I know we have several pictures like the first one below, but I just love how much they love each other! She’ll go play with him in his swing and talk to him, and he just smiles at her as if he understands every word. I’m sure it will always be this way, and they’ll never fight or be mean to each other!




2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh what a wonderful little family. Yes Rachel they will never fight nor be ugly to one another and oh yes, there really is a Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her haircut but miss the tails. Austin looks a little Russell, not quiet sure just what it is about him but it is there. And that is a good thing but don't tell Russ that I said that.

    ReplyDelete